The Non-GMO Project
The Mission of the Non-GMO Project
The Non-GMO Project is a nonprofit organization committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers and providing verified non-GMO choices.
- Everyone has a right to know what is in their food and deserves access to non-GMO choices.
- By voting with your dollars every time you shop, collectively you have the power to change the way your food is grown and made.
- Preserving and building the non-GMO supply chain is a critical step of transitioning toward a safe, healthy food supply for future generations.
- The integrity of a diverse genetic inheritance is essential to human and environmental health and ecological harmony.
- By encouraging a non-GMO seed supply, we are supporting the restoration of traditional seed breeding and the right of farmers to save and plant their own seeds and grow varieties of their choice.
- A verified non-GMO system supports organic agriculture by reducing contamination pressure and protecting the supply of non-GMO seed.
- Everyone deserves an informed choice about whether or not to consume genetically modified organisms.
The Non-GMO Verification
The Non-GMO Project Product Verification Program is North America’s only third-party verification for non-GMO food and products. Third-party verification is the highest quality system when it comes to product labeling and certifications because it ensures products have been comprehensively evaluated by an independent party for compliance with a standard developed by industry experts and stakeholders.
Companies must work with third-party technical administrators to get their products verified. These technical administrators are skilled industry professionals and will work with you to help your products achieve verification.