Friend of the Earth – Sustainable Agriculture
Friend of the Earth‘s mission is to drive agricultural production toward sustainable practices.
Friend of the Earth’s certification standard rewards those companies that operate in accordance with the practices of sustainable agriculture and farming:
- reducing the impact on the ecosystem to a negligible level,
- improve energy efficiency and waste management,
- use integrated pest management practices,
- comply with the regulations
- implement social responsibility practices.
Friend of the Earth promotes, through its certification standards, “best practices” for sustainable farming.
The performance indicators of the standard verify that, among others, measures are taken to:
- save energy and improve the management of waste
- reduce GHG emissions
- ensure animal welfare
- reduced use of antibiotics
- ecosystems conservation
- social responsibility